Monday, May 2, 2011

Midnight Snack: Orange Treat

I may not be at the time in my life where I need to be extremely conscious of what I eat, but it's good to start early.  If you're like me, than you often want to eat even when you aren't hungry.  My philosophy, is that if you make food that takes forever to make, with little caloric value, and noticeable nutritional value, than it won't harm you much. Of course, it has to taste good too, but this way you are still doing something with food, but you're not eating when you don't need to.
This is an orange cut into disks, covered in honey, with raspberries on top. It tastes amazing and raspberries are high in antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin C, and manganese.  Manganese helps keep your metabolic rate high, making easier to burn fat.  They are good for your heart and even have cancer fighting properties. Oranges also are very high in Vitamin C, have some fiber, etc.

After you make it, put it in the freezer for no more than 15 minutes.  Did I mention how amazing this tastes? It's fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment