Monday, May 30, 2011

Face Up to It: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural

Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark.


MSFN Medium Deep.  I always hear people rave about MSFN's but I've never seen a review about them.  I've been using it almost every day for about a month and I used it in comparison with NYC translucent/highlighting powder.  It's hard to compare these, though, because one is a setting powder, and the other is a powder foundation.  This leads to obvious differences in coverage, but I was testing wear time comparison. Also, it's important to note that this powder is not matte, and that the colors run very light. I would probably be considered a light medium to most people, but in this line I am one of the darkest shade available.

I used two different powder brushes and a kabuki brush to try it out and see which worked best.  When applied with a powder brush, it appeared sort of cakey on my face on top of CoverGirl Naturelux foundation, so a kabuki brush is kind of a must have.  I mentioned in a previous post that when set with the NYC powder, Naturelux is still a little tacky.  It's a little bit less so when used with the MSFN.  The MSFN also lasts a little bit longer. Basically, throughout the day, I don't feel my foundation as much with the MSFN as with the NYC powder.

The MSFN's coverage is rather sheer. It will add a little bit of color to your face, but it doesn't do much extra to cover blemishes or discoloration.  If you want a natural look, which is what this product hints at, than it would be better for you than someone like me, who is looking for something matte and higher coverage.

Overall, I would recommend a Mineralized Skinfinish Natural if you have extra money to spend and want to try it out.  I don't think that it's really worth the money, though.  I won't be repurchasing it.  Much of my dislike for this product, is just because it isn't the type of powder I'm looking for, and so I'll next be buying the Studio Sculpt powder, which promises what I prefer.  If you like a more natural look, the MSFN may work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment