Monday, April 25, 2011

Face Up to It: Cover Girl Natureluxe Silk Foundation

After realizing that I only had about one more use of my liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay) I decided that I might need a new one.  After hearing good reviews about the Cover Girl Natureluxe, I decided to give it a try.


I am the shade 340; maple.

A very inaccurate color swatch, but correct finish and texture.

"Redefine natural beauty with our lightweight silk foundation. With a touch of cucumber water and a hint of jojoba and rose hip extracts, our light yet luxurious formula takes heavy weight out of your polished finish." Cover Girl Official Website.

I actually find this foundation to be quite heavy.  I applied it using my fingers as well as a sponge.  Both times, it never felt as though it fully dried, leaving a tacky, heavy feeling, even when set with a translucent powder.  The finish doesn't reflect this, though.  It has fairly heavy coverage, but doesn't look cakey at all.  This may be related to the tacky finish of the foundation. The finish is mostly matte, but does give a slight sheen where the light reflects. I also found that it had a little bit of a strange smell, and not a very pleasant one, as it smells like food and flowers.  Odd mix. 

The packaging is also a bit of an issue, because the foundation color is only has a small window of visibility, so it's hard to match it to your skin (which you should do to your neck, not your face.) On the other hand, the small squeezy tube controls the flow of the foundation quite well.  It holds 1 fluid ounce of product.

The longevity is good.  It lasted at least 10 hours, and I did a trial run for a few hours and mowed the lawn, which it lasted flawlessly through. 

I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind being able to feel the foundation on their face, because other than that, it's really fairly good. It seems to be best when applied with your hands, when it's given a chance to warm up, letting it blend, thus not being so heavy.  I've found it from between $6-$9.

Thumbs up. Only because I don't mind feeling my foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment