Friday, February 17, 2012

Essie School of Hard Rocks

Essie School of Hard Rocks from the 2011 Winter Collection (mini size)


The color in this picture is pretty accurate; it's a soft, dusty teal cream with a lot of grey to it, giving it that muted look.  A slightly less vibrant version of  OPI Ski Teal We Drop.  They are actually pretty similar, and I kinda wish that I hadn't bought both, but this one is a mini, so it won't be hard to use up.  I actually only bought this one for the name, and for the dorkiest reason possible.  You won't be able to guess, it's that bad.  Okay *sigh*... There's a Pokemon episode called School of Hard Knocks, because a lot of Pokemon episodes are based off of other sayings, and the like.  Yes. I'm a nerd. And proud of it! Erm, little bit of a tangent there.  This color is nice, completely opaque in 2 or 3 coats, don't remember, though.  It's a little bit watery, but not bad, and it does benefit from a topcoat.  But I do like the color, and it's a little bit of a chameleon too, changing from greyish to blueish to greenish.  Really gorgeous, but not super unique.

3 comments:

  1. I love that this colour is a muted grey-teal rather than being too full on. I don't have anything like this in my collection and there's only so many lilacs/pinks/reds you can get, right? I'll definitely be checking this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. That's why I try my best to go for the more unique colors. Unfortunately, then when I decide to wear pink, I don't have the type that I wanted! Can't have it all, I guess.

      Delete
  2. this color is gorgeous! i love it!

    ReplyDelete