Saturday, July 21, 2012

Elf Candid Coral Blush

So, I didn't buy at this blush at the same time as the other Elf products that I'm going to review, but I've been planning on reviewing this for a while and this seems as good a time as any.

Elf Candid Coral blush.





Okay, even though you can't see the swatch very well, believe that I swatched it really, really heavily.  It's hard and kind of sheer, but I still really like it.  It's a pale peachy-pink with very strong golden sheen. It isn't too frosty, or glittery at all, it just reflects gold.  So, on me, it acts as both a blush and a highlight.  It adds very little color, but I don't like for my blush to be too strong, and I really like how it looks. It's very wearable.

The packaging is very sturdy, although, you have to admit that it looks kind of like NARS packaging, as Elf tends to do sometimes.  The small window makes it kind of hard to see the color and the finish, so that's kind of a design flaw, but I guess that's what my pictures are for!  And the sticker that has the name of the product on it is very small and not very attractive.  Not a fan.  It's so small that my camera couldn't focus on it.  That's why there's no picture.

All and all, I love this color, and I think that it's good for light to medium skintones.  It really wouldn't show up on a darker person, unless maybe they used it as a highlight, because it only barely shows up on my skintone, and I'm about a C3 or C4 is MAC colors right now. (If you don't know the C's because I didn't, that's around a NC30 or NW30.) I recommend this if you like having a blush that's hard to overdo, and are maybe looking to try a blush with a sheen. I used to only like matte blushes, but this one has changed my opinion, because it's so subtle.  Like I said, the texture is a little hard, but it's not too bad. 

Do you prefer shimmery or matte blushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment