Friday, August 17, 2012

China Glaze Rare and Radiant

China Glaze Rare and Radiant from the Fall 2012 New Bohemian collection





Sorry that this picture is blurry, but when I don't use flash they don't focus; I had to get this color, though.

Rare and Radiant.  Another Chanel Peridot dupe.  It seems that every brand is coming out with one: China Glaze, OPI, Jessica--they're everywhere.  This one, at about $6 from Sally's seems to be the cheapest, though.  I think that it's a beautiful golden-green, true duochrome, and I can imagine myself wearing it all of the time. I may even buy a backup, because this collection is limited edition. So if you're on the fence about any of the colors from this collection of chrome duochromes, just get them, because you won't be able to soon.  

This color is pretty much opaque at 2 coats, but here I have 4 pictured, because I needed to do an evening coat on top. Since this is a chrome finish, it's very unforgiving. It'll show all textural issues, it bubbles if you apply it too quickly (true for all nail polishes; I was just being impatient).  The formula was perfect, though. Not sheer, not drippy, really perfect.  

Do you already have Chanel Peridot or another dupe for it, or have you been waiting for a cheaper version? If you bought a more expensive one, do you regret it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment