Saturday, October 6, 2012

Face Up to It: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Hello, lovelies! Guess what time it is?  Product review time!  After having the last two powders I bought be $30 from MAC, I decided to try a drugstore powder this time around.  Specifically the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
Shade is: 018 Creamy Beige


Okay, you can't see anything in this picture unless you bend the screen a
 certain way... But you can see how the powder really holds onto the hair 
follicles; you can see it easily and it's heavy coverage.

This is a pretty good powder for getting it for about 3 dollars. No complaints there. Unfortunately, when applied, it looks very heavy; especially when used over a foundation, though I didn't find much improvement when I had just a concealer and foundation.  It's not evident from far away, but if you're standing close to someone, you better believe that they'll be able to see it, especially right after you've applied it, making it not very good for touch ups.  There is a little bit of a beautiful middle period, after the initial powdery-look has worn off, but before the powder itself has worn off where it looks more natural.

I bought this hoping that it would look like the MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. They are fairly comparable, but I would say that MAC wins this one.  MAC's is less dusty. Sidenote: when you look in the pan, you see very obvious glitters on the Stay Matte powder.  Looks like little grains of salt.  These don't show up on your face though; don't worry.  It's just weird. The powder does indeed show up very much matte on your face. Almost too matte. Makes me think that maybe I should stop going for the super matte powders and go for something a little more natural.  This is definitely not natural looking.

Lasting power is not phenomenal.  By the end of the school day (about 9 hours after application) there is obvious patchiness on my nose and chin, and I look obviously oily in my T-zone after about 4-5 hours. 

Overall, I like this powder, but I don't feel that it would suit a lot ton of people, and I won't repurchase it any time soon. That being said, repurchasing it isn't an impossibility either.

Instead of a question, I'm going to do a fact as a question: Did you know that duochrome isn't a word, but dichromatic is, and means the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment