Saturday, April 23, 2011

Midnight Snack: Parfait

 One of my favorite things to eat is a parfait.  Unfortunately, I don't really like them, I just like the idea of them.  But I made one this evening, and I actually really liked it.



I made it with strawberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, plain yogurt, and granola. Parfaits are a healthy form of carbohydrates and the banana's add potassium.  Red fruits also tend to be particularly beneficial to the heart and have Vitamin C.  Always use plain yogurt instead of vanilla, because vanilla has a lot of sugar.  If it takes you a while to get used to it, you can sweeten it with honey then ween yourself off of it, if you will.  The granola is Bare Naked Fit triple berry crunch.  It's actually pretty good for you, and I recommend this for breakfast along with a source of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment