Sunday, May 27, 2012

Face Up to It: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

So, I ran out of my L'Oreal Magicsmooth Souffle Foundation, and so I had to get a new liquid foundation. I saw that the Maybelline Fit Me wasn't too expensive, so I decided to give it a go.  I believe that it was around $7.  


I don't like foundation bottles like this, because I always pour too much out, and then have to pour some back in, which is kind of gross.  The color is 220, Natural Beige.


Both of these pictures are pretty color accurate. It's pretty much a light tan. Unfortunately, it has a little bit of a greenish undertone... So I don't think that this foundation is anyone's natural color. On the otherhand, I guess that the green tone helps with red color correcting.  Anyway, the right swatch is thicker than you would wear it on the skin, but it shows the finish of the foundation really well. Which, by the way, sucks.

I hate the finish of this foundation.  It looks just as shiny as it looks in that picture.  This foundation gives the most oily looking finish that I've ever seen. Now, I always wear powder to set my foundation, but I have to use so much to set it and make it look matte that my face looks incredibly cakey.  This foundation is so shiny that even people with dry skin, who like dewy finish's would not like it.  I honestly don't know anyone who would like the natural finish of this foundation.

This foundation has pretty good coverage, but it's a little bit streaky when you apply it.  You have to take care to blend it out, and this also makes it so that it's not very buildable.  I feel like maybe it would apply better with a brush, but I just don't feel like I could ever get it too look good on its own. 

Regardless of the oily finish, I didn't find that this foundation moved around any more than any others that I used, whether I used a primer or not. The oilyness was just in how it looked, not really how it performed.

Long story short, I don't like this foundation at all. The color is kind of weird, the finish is terrible, and the packaging is not ideal.  It's not a bad price, and it's not so bad that I won't use it up, but I don't recommend it to anyone, especially because this isn't the first bad review that I've seen. 

What finish do you like for your foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment