Saturday, February 16, 2013

DIY Bow Dress

I've never done a post like this before, guys, but I thought that maybe some of you would like it.  DIY projects are always fun!

So I bought this dress (which shrunk and turned into a tunic) a while ago from Forever 21.  It has this keyhole on the back, and I thought that a big, black, satiny bow on the back would spruce it up a bit.

I didn't have one at home, so I had to go to Hancock Fabrics and measure out a bit of ribbon and buy it. I think that it was a bout 2 feet, but don't quote me on that. It wasn't too expensive either.

The ends were very frayed so to fix that, you just hem it.  Easiest sewing a person can do; anyone can do it.

Tada!

I like floppy bows where the loops are really big. Just tie the bow however you like, and then sew the middle so that it doesn't come undone. Unless you want it to, of course.

Then you just sew it on the back

And then you add a black background, because your house is a mess when you take the picture.  I know that you can't see the bow here... But I didn't have another picture, and I didn't feel like taking one!

I hope that maybe this post gave you some easy ideas for fixing up a shirt or a dress that maybe you've gotten a little bored of. I absolutely love this dress/tunic, and I get so many complements on the bow every time I where it.  Plus, it makes me feel creative.  Anyone can do this sort of project; you don't even really need to know how to sew because it's just that easy. 

Would you do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment