Friday, April 13, 2012

Coastal Scents True Black Gel Liner

 Coastal Scents Gel Eyeliner in True Black.




First, I would like to say that this product isn't new in the photos, so the jar photos aren't representative of what they look like new.  The bottom photo is a little less black than how it was when I swatched it (heavily.) Warning, this is not a positive review. I have nothing good to say about this liner.  It's very bad. It just doesn't have a redeeming feature to it. 

My first gripe is the packaging.  Not only is the mouth small, so it was hard to swatch it, but it's made of glass. Brushed glass. Stupid for two reasons: First, with black, you don't really need to be able to see the product, but for the colors, it distorts the vibrancy or tone of the color.  Secondly, I also bought the platinum one as well as the black, and when I dropped the platinum one, it broke into a million pieces. Please plastic next time.

Now for the actual product.  It is dry. Drier than the other gel liners I've used and even drier than my pencil liners.  This makes it completely unusable on the lashline.  It's pretty good on the waterline, because since it's dry, it doesn't just slip off, but there's another problem. It balls up. It creates these little hard balls that get on to your brush and when you put that on your waterline, these hard little balls get on your eye and scratch it! Ouch!  It's a fairly black liner, but it's hard to build it up, since it just scrapes on! I have to use a very hard brush to get it to pick up product.  Really, I'm going to use it until it's used up, but it's really next to unusable.

Update: That's not true. I'm trowing it away. Hate it.

Ugh, negative reviews are kind of a downer, but there you go.
Do you like prefer dry or creamy eyeliners on the waterline?

1 comment: