Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Games. Summer.

Always make one of your upcoming goals a fun one. Don't bog yourself down with only having a mountain of work and tasks and seemingly achievable goals. Spice it up with things that motivate you, things that excite you, and things that are just plain fun.

So while I'm reading and working and dancing and writing and working out this summer, I have one more additional goal. Play video games. Because it's a part of me that seems small and isolated--save for Pokemon, which has taken over my whole life--and I want to know a little more. I don't want to be a closet nerd or a wannabe nerd. I want to be an honest to goodness casual gamer who has played more than two games in her life.

Right now I'm catching up on my Pokemon games. But I also want to dip my toes into Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda and maybe Shadow the Hedgehog (though I've heard it's not great). These are fandoms that seems so fun and the people that I know in them are so enthusiastic and I want to be a part of that.


What I'm saying is: take time to explore. Take time to explore happiness. Explore hobbies. Life is serious, yes, but I'm going to alleviate that with one of my favorite quotes ever, that always makes me feel better when I'm feeling guilty for having fun:


The time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted.”
–Bertrand Russell
 
Let that be true. Give yourself a break. Play games, color in a coloring book, have a private dance party on your bed. Just let yourself live.


No comments:

Post a Comment