Thursday, June 2, 2016

Something new.

Alrighty. I haven't posted on this blog in nearly two years. And, for all intents and purposes, now it will never be 'this blog' again. I'm changing the game. But I'm not changing the name, because Just Make It Up seems even more appropriate now than it was then. I don't expect for anyone to follow this. And if you used to follow it for my makeup stuff, feel free to unfollow. This is more going to be my online diary. I just have so many interests that I want to put into the world, but keep hesitating on making a youtube channel because I want anonymity and the freedom to ramble about endlessly different topics.

So I'm back where I was five years ago. Five years ago, when I was still in high school, I wanted to create a youtube beauty channel, like I had planned on doing since I was 13. But I was afraid and wanted to dip my toes into the water to feel it out. So I made a blog first, so that not quite so much of me was blatantly showing.

Now I'm following in the footsteps of 15-year-old me, and starting a blog. Not because I want this to grow into anything else, but because I want to feel like I'm putting this out there for people to see, without having to worry about them actually seeing it. Is that cowardice? In a way, yes. But in another way, it's bravery, because it's a new step forward. And that's all that I'm trying to do as I find my sea legs in this world.

In case anyone is reading and wondering what this blog will be filled with, here are my current thoughts:

First of all, my thoughts. I'm sure there will be plenty of endless ramblings where I just like the sound of my own voice, even though  it's not even being spoken. Topics that I think I have an important thing to say about, even though they've been said before, and probably more eloquently. But that's okay. I plan to spitball about musical theatre (my life's passion and work right now), writing, peace in life, reading, books, plays, people, maybe makeup and fashion, etc, etc.

Now, if anyone stumbles upon this, I adore thoughtful conversation. But I don't need for that to happen. What I want more is that if anyone does find this and decide to take a gander, I just hope that something I say is thought provoking. Because that's what I'm trying to do for myself; I'm trying to make more thoughts to make more of me.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity for myself, world and Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment